In this article I’m going to walk you through how to remove a virus and malware from your pc without paying a dime. There are many types of viruses out there. Some run silently in the background without you noticing, and some take over your entire system making it unusable. The steps below will remove both kinds. If this helps you an any way, click here to buy me a coffee or dinner. I appreciate your support!
First, download the following software. If you are connected to the internet through a cable you may be able to download them in Safe Mode (see below to boot into safe mode).
The first step to removing any viruses or malware is to boot your machine into Safe Mode. This loads only the necessary files for windows to run and will allow us to remove the virus without it interfering. To boot into Safe Mode you must first turn off your computer. Turn your computer back on and start tapping the F8 key right away. It will bring you to a screen that looks like this:
Cleaning The System
Since most viruses are downloaded from websites such as Facebook or email, it is necessary to remove the temporary internet files that are on your computer. Doing this will also clear up some hard drive space and possibly speed up your system.
- Install CCleaner using the file download above.
- When CCleaner loads, click “Options” at the bottom and then click “Advanced”.
- Uncheck the box that says “Only delete files in windows temp folders older than 24 hours”.
- Click “Cleaner”.
- Click “Run Cleaner” on the bottom right.
Once the cleaner is finished you are ready for the next step.
Removing the Virus and/or Malware
Let’s get rid of that pesky virus!
- Install MalwareBytes using the second file download listed above.
- The first time you run the program it will ask your permission to update the database. Click yes.
- Select “Perform full scan” and click Scan.
- When it is finished scanning click ‘Show Results”. Make sure all of them are selected and then click “Remove Selected”.
- It may need to reboot in order to finish the process.
If your computer is still infected you can contact me and I will work with you to clean your computer. Just let me know you went through this tutorial and I’ll give you a 50% discount. Use the Contact Information box at the right to get a hold of me.
Please show your support and click